Monday, July 02, 2007

Solitude Report

Well, I was hoping for a State Championship, but a few things and 1 person got in the way of that this weekend.

The start was relatively soft, no one went too hard, except for the SLC-Samurai I just settled into a pace for th long, steep in sections climb. I got around the Samurai right before the single track at the top of the climb. Tim got around him somewhere on the descent and we were running 1-2 at this point, I was feeling good and proceeded to Flail around out of control in an energy wasting manner for the rest of the race. I was all over the place on the Serenity Climb on lap 2 and 3, I had to dismount at least 4 times on climbs cause I was a fool, Paz, the eventual winner caught me on the 2nd lap descent, came around me, and put gap on me. I caught on to him at the round house on lap 3, and here is mistake number 367. I let him pull me to the last steep section, I should of tried and drop him, Mistake number 368 was when he asked about 200 feet vertical from the top how many were in front of us, and I told him the truth, stupid. Mistake number 369 was the bobble on the steep loose stuff t the top, he got around me and my wussy DH'ing together with his crazed DH'ing pretty much lot the race for me. SO on the last 1/2 lap I rode serenity smooth and cleared everything, too little, too late. I still DH'd like a wuss and had to take a few risks to hold of big travel Ohran by 7 seconds for 2nd.

It was a good race though, big mistakes, a few tactical and more technical, still took second.

Lyna raced well and cut off 5 minute from 2006 time, this is with her still being fatigued from the 12 hour race.

We are getting anew roof, last week was the tear off and the dust we breathed all week likely prepared us for the dry dusty trails, yeah thats it.

No comments: