Thursday, April 26, 2007

To the guy's on fixies who heckled me tonight...

I said 'I like your costume to' back to you, while flipping you the bird, followed by 'Smoke up, lung boy!'

What I meant to say was;

Well nice unique anti establishment lifestyle, Riding a fixed gear bike, no helmet, shaggy hair and torn up jeans. I mean that shit is so original. It is not like I didn't dress like that in 1983 for gods sakes. I mean you are so cool calling me out for wearing my team kit. A team that has 80+ people on it, who as a result of our sponsors gets deals and enjoyment.

I mean that whole messenger thing is so original, punk rock and cool. I mean, hell if Jessica Simpson is into to it, damn it must be.

I bet you have a DK tattoo on your butt cheek, cause you're so punk rock.

I bet you and your hip buddies sit around and talk about the 'meaning' of Holiday in Cambodia. I mean it is about taking a trip and doing some hashish and heroine while seeing the ancient temples Ankor Wat.

But thanks for giving me enough impetus to pedal angry and get some good intervals in. Cause it helps me to know that what I pay into medicare will go to good use for your hospice nurse when your lungs fall completely apart from that fly ass cigarette. Cause i don't want people to suffer.

Yep that is what i meant to say.

Damn, i must of had a bad day, that shit pissed me off, but now i feel much better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a good laugh, I think most of us know exactly how you feel.

Dr. Logan said...

lung boy. haa.

KATHY SHERWIN said...

Weird that you posted this today cuz I was JUST thinking that I have been in CA for 2 weeks now and haven't had ANY kinds of incidences AT ALL which is not the norm when I am in Utah training unfortunately. Glad you got that off your chest. Funny stuff.

Grizzly Adam said...

Nothing like a good rant!

Utah Mnt biker said...

Tell us how you really feel.

Forrest said...

Everyone is a hater. I love to make fun of both the spandex and the messenger crowds cause I am a hater too. Everyone needs to ride a bike and chill out, on one hand I know where the "ciggy" biker is coming from by being ridiculed by Cat 5 roadies in spandex that "ciggy" guy could probably smoke in a race, no pun intended. But I also think there are messengers that think they are way too cool. My biggest complaint is having too much spandex freaks in the single speed classes, go race the other classes. Call me a hater, I dont care, check out my blog for my latest rant on some roadies I saw the other day!
http://www.forrestgladding.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Saffel is a very disturbed man. This, I find out in my very first visit to his blog. That was a very satisfying piece.
Sherwin