Thursday, June 22, 2006

More Wednesday Night silliness


So Wednesday night at Soldier Hollow included a Biathlon format. 5 one mile laps with shooting after each. I di several warm up laps, determined it was a big ringer. Then i went and tested the gun thing, got 5 of 5, so fet good.

The start was kind of all of a sudden. I went off the front, for a bit, then went into the single track in about 4th. ENded the first lap in 4 minutes in 4th. Got to the shooting range, grabbed my cartridge and proceeded to take a minute or 2 to figure out how to put the darn thing in the gun, a this point, I was about, umm, last. Got 3 of 5, did 2 penalty loops and went out on the lap, 2nd time in the range I got a whopping 1 of 5, 4 penalty loops, loosing ground. The next 3 laps I pull people backa nd get 5 of 5 on the targets, One guy decided to finish without shooting the last time, I may of gotten beat at the line by another guy, kind of chaotic and fun.

Big hours this week, no racing till Solitude next weekend, except the hammer fest at DV Saturday am with Ty and BZ.

So last week the race had a beer chugging option, this week guns, can't wait to see what they come up with next week, maybe a mullet contest.

No comments: