Thursday, October 23, 2008

PFT

In AUgust of 1986 I headed Southwest of Lexington via the Bluegrass Parkway, Past the Bourbon Distilleries and Pot fields of Washington and Marion County.  I made it to I-65 without incident, strangely. We then headed south past Mammoth Cave and Cave City. Took Exit 28 right by the Corvette Plant and headed into Bowling Green. 

I loaded my crap up PFT. I think I was on the 12th floor, can't remember too much. Met my roommate. Victor, from Fulton, Kentucky, he was a walk on injured football player.  He got me into some trouble almost immediately by setting me up with this guys girlfriend.  Well maybe not a set up, but an introduction that led to 'hanging out' I made it out alive. 

The most vivid memories I have from that year and a half are Drunken nights at the Kappa Sigma house. A drunken canoe trip in Arkansas.   Drunken afternoons at the Barren River Locks. Not making it to too many classes. Never failing a class. Chasing girls. Waking up in time to go play Soccer on the athletic fields. Rappelling off the parking structure, for a class.

I also remember the elevators in PFT were not in the best shape, they were loud, scary and occasionally stopped in between floors and opened the doors just for the heck of it. I have had nightmares about those damn elevators for years.

You may ask where the hell this came from, well earlier this week, News broke of shots fired in this dorm and other places at WKU, luckily none of it has been substantiated, and no one was hurt, thank goodness, but it did bring back memories.

1 comment:

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

bob chasing girls in kentucky, thats a sight i dont want to see