Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Really

7+ Hour conference call today, really, let me count the absurdities. When I was begining my Masters Degree in Library Science in 1996 I dreamed of wearing Birkestocks to work and going 'SHHHHHHH' for years, not outsourcing 40 jobs and 7+ hour teleconferences. But, really, I did take the call from the comfort of my living room. The job is flexible and lucrative, and it did move Lyna and I to Utah. So I can't complain too much. I still plan on, some day, in oh 10 years or so, 'retiring' to a job that am surrounded by books and get to go 'shhhhhhhhh' all day.

4 comments:

UtRider said...

How old are you?! :)

I dare you to mount a pair of 310s for the team ride on Monday. Set your inhibitions aside and revist the lost innocence of youth. Who knows, you may never take them off...

Anonymous said...

I say mount that little buddy on your handlebars when you're racing. It will remind you to sneak up on your opponents!

Rhonda said...

I didnt know that about you! Andy's dad has his masters in library science and actually does sit around all day telling people to shhhhhh!I say go for it! ya only live once

MtbAllDay said...

Sorry to break this to you, but 900 numbers don't count as a phone conference.