Sunday, November 20, 2005

Part 2

So in the spring of 2001 i hear that there is a series, the Intermountaincup. I do my first XC race in April, SHowdown at 5 mile pass. I come in 3rd in beginner men 30-39. I do 3 more beginner races and I get 3 1st places, i was always 5-10 minutes ahead of second, in an hour race, so i guessed i should move up.

My first Sport race was the Draper Dash, i went from 10 or less miles the week before to 23 in 100 degree heat, ouch. I closed out the season with some decent results, a few top 6 placings. Oh yeah I did the 24 hours of Tahoe and Moab that year as well.

Now I wanted to do well in Sport. 2002 was the season I determined I could not train myself, experiment with tires and the season that I met most of my current riding partners. I had several podiums, several flats, took 3rd in the series and Rode the 24 hours of Moab on an expert team. Oh yeah, i did the brian head 100, made it right under 11 hours, i had never ridden longer than 35 miles before this race. That was not very bright.

Off season I got a coach, and was excites to see how things would work out, early in the season i had my first sport win, followed by some high placings and another win, in June I moved up to expert. Funny thing was that in Sport I could hammer for a lap and settle in and sta in the front, in expert, well the whole race was a hammer, no settle in. I did ok and did a few nationals and again did 24 hours of Moab on an expert team (Adam's Mad Dog team)

2004 was a break out year. I did well enough locally, had my best performance in the finale. But i also had 2 national podiums at Big Bear and Schweitzer. They helped me gather 2nd over all NCS expert 35-39 for the year. The year started out with a shoulder dislocation at the Nova Desert Classic.

2005 was an up and down year, only did a few nationals, missed a few local races, DNF'd my first local race with a blown Lefty fork, traveled alot for work and burnt out pretty well in July/August. The results were good, many podiums and my first ever Expert class wins (Tour of the Canyonlands Hillclimb/Lava Rama XC race). It leaves me hungry for 2006.

Watched the CX races at RMR yesterday, what a brutal course, Team Revolution was in effect in the B class. 3 riders in the top 5. Then We won the womens A category to top it off. In the afternoon I rode the shoreline form the zoo to dry creek, temps were around 50, same today, so i am hitting it again.

No comments: