Saturday, April 26, 2008

Team Ride

Well, since I mostly on purpose 'missed' the East Canyon registration, I decided to hit the Team ride in Draper this morning. Daren, I am a climber, but, there is a lot of flats on that road race.

We had a good showing. Lucy, Jennie, Alison, Rhonda, Andy, Steve, Jim, Jason, then later we met up with Shannon and Joe.

We went from the pool over to Corner Canyon, Up to Jacobs Ladder and Down Ghost Falls, then I split off on the return to get in another hour, funny how a group ride can be 3.5 hours out, but only 2 riding. I headed o the airpark and then up till the trail ended, on the way down ran into Rich, Erika and Jamie all riding separately.

Much better than getting dropped at a road race, I actually did a bit of yard work post ride and then went over to the Knapps for dinner

3 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Interesting little detour there into Maple Hollow. Is that a real trail or just game trails? I hope they get the trail up Maple Hollow to Suncrest done this year.

StupidBike said...

real trail, slowly making its way to some sort of link up. I turned around at the dead end.

KanyonKris said...

I rode it today at lunch - very nice trail. When it connects all the way to the top it will be even better.

I tried a little single-track I had seen from the road going up the gully to the east. It joins an access road and then gets rough and steep. Perhaps this was a route that was abandoned.