Tuesday, December 11, 2007

End of season

Photo stolen from the Husla.

Yep, 9 months of racing, kind of does a body and mind in, It was a great year many highs and exciting times. The CX season was my first 'full' cx season, my form lasted until the Hawaii trip, missed 2 races and had fun afterwards. Not sure what this means fo the 2008 mtb season, hopefully it means more FAST. Bart seems to think that it will make me faster in March, we will see.

Saturdays race was another epic condition race, peanut butter mud and wet and cold. Krachty had a good ride for 3rd place, DW and GF were on fire, It was fun listening to Bart and Ali's battle. 2 laps in, I had no rear brake, disc brakes are great, except when it is sandy muddy. 3 laps in I was having a good battle with Fearick, except my fingers were frozen, my upper body was getting colder and my legs were not hurting, so i decided to man up and go harder, I lost fearick and was unable to pull Racer back. The thing is tha the last 3 races saw me just easing in at the start, you can't do that in Cross, at least i can't, there is no 3-8 mile hill coming up that I can bring it back on.

It was fun though, and I truly believe it makes me stronger. Now is a brief respite from the bike, rest, relax, snowboard, etc....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it, but I was surfing some powder dude!

Anonymous said...

You had an awesome year. Enjoy the break. What class are you racing next year?

Anonymous said...

Bob, don't you wish you had gone to Natl's now? Mud, cold, fresh snow on da way! It's what you have training for these last few weeks. Fun X season....wish I could race mtb with you this season (the 40+exp will be stacked with fresh meat)if it's not too brutally hot this summer, I may show for some of the better courses...