Sunday, February 24, 2008

yep, it happened

I registered for the first Icup today, which really means I signed up for my first 40+ race. Got my haircut today, it was getting out of control, noticed 2 things. 1. a 1 guard helps the baldness look less um, bald, 2. There was a shitload of grey hair on the barbers cape i was wearing.

Well my legs are stronger than this time last year, so i got that going for me. We will see how it translates on race day. I won't be getting to SG till around 9pm friday at the earliest and plan on a night lap of the course to spin out the legs.

The work week ahead will prove to be challenging and melancholy ending bittersweet on Friday. Well then it will be onto a new chapter in my career.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lookin forward to following you around the rampage course for a few laps in the 40+ group. Hope to not lose sight of you. Feel free to stop and wait cause its more fun to ride with me than too far in front of me.

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Since when did they create a 40+ Pro category?

Anonymous said...

Last year, your racing age was 38. How could it be 40 this year?

Daren said...

Take it easy on us old guys. It's difficult to go fast with a walker. Say nice things to me as you go by on the climbs.

DC

flahute said...

A) Real men don't use a guard ...

B) You PAID for a haircut? Wahl Sterling (pro barber quality) clippers are something like $55.00 on Amazon.com.

I haven't paid for a haircut since 1991, and I'm only 2 years older than you.

The Racin Caveman said...

Amen Flahute! Hair cuts in general are stupid. Only the bonified retards of the world pay to have their head shaved. Bob must be going to Bikini Cuts.

Don't take it too hard though Bob. I was going gray at 19. I best I almost have more gray hair than you do and I'm only 24.