Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A commentary on the general political/social decision making of the common American today...

Sir Bedevere: There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
Peasant 1: Are there? Oh well, tell us.
Sir Bedevere: Tell me. What do you do with witches?
Peasant 1: Burn them.
Sir Bedevere: And what do you burn, apart from witches?
Peasant 1: More witches.
Peasant 2: Wood.
Sir Bedevere: Good. Now, why do witches burn?
Peasant 3: ...because they're made of... wood?
Sir Bedevere: Good. So how do you tell whether she is made of wood?
Peasant 1: Build a bridge out of her.
Sir Bedevere: But can you not also build bridges out of stone?
Peasant 1: Oh yeah.
Sir Bedevere: Does wood sink in water?
Peasant 1: No, no, it floats!... It floats! Throw her into the pond!
Sir Bedevere: No, no. What else floats in water?
Peasant 1: Bread.
Peasant 2: Apples.
Peasant 3: Very small rocks.
Peasant 1: Cider.
Peasant 2: Gravy.
Peasant 3: Cherries.
Peasant 1: Mud.
Peasant 2: Churches.
Peasant 3: Lead! Lead!
King Arthur: A Duck.
Sir Bedevere: ...Exactly. So, logically...
Peasant 1: If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood.
Sir Bedevere: And therefore...
Peasant 2: ...A witch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Hillary!!!!

KanyonKris said...

Glad I inspired today's post. ;-)

Ya, I'm not as educated as I should be about food and diet, but I'm giving it some of my attention now.

But maybe your post had a different intent and I'm just being paranoid.

StupidBike said...

KK, yes, your paranoia is misplaced, it is really just my once a month political rant.

KanyonKris said...

B, I'm very curious about your Draper ride on the 18th. When you came down (or up?) Maple Hollow from Suncrest (top of the ridge) to Traverse Ridge road (through the culvert), was that single-track? I know Draper has plans to put a trail in there, and I'd heard some rumors that they were working on it, but I didn't think the trail was finished. Please tell me what you found there.

I've done the south of Suncrest trail and enjoyed it - rough and rugged.

Perhaps I should have commented on the post for that ride, but I wasn't sure you'd see my comment. Sorry for the mess.

MK said...

So if I have a gardener, and a gardener works in the garden, and I also a ho (that technically works in the garden). That' means my gardener is a ho, right?