Sunday, June 24, 2007

Back to normal (if i ever could be)

So hit the big water, great western to crest back down then up to dog lake today, nice 3 hour, uncrowded cruise in the alpine. Ran into Alex Grant and his buddy Ty who just finished a too PC/ eat breakfast/ back to mill creek ride. I rode Ty's Taurine as my bike is in the shop. I liked the way it rides, but I like my terra logic lefty better, maybe his rebound is different than mine, who knows.

Yesterday was the 12 hour of the E100. Lyna's first ever attempt at an all day ride, I think I was more nervous than her, I yelled at her Friday night to tell her to sit the %&$# down and let me pack everything. I mean my intentions were good. Well we each got like 5 hours of sleep (Me cause I had work stuff going on, her due to nerves) Jerry showed up at 5:20, we put his bike on the rack and Headed up to Round Valley. The day was long, and hot and I think I am more wrecked from supporting than i would be if I raced it (on a 4 person team).

Lyna rode incredibly well. She did 8 laps, around 80 miles, she came in with time to go out for 9, but she made a decision that likely saved her a few extra weeks of recovery. I can't say how proud of her I am. She has some serious stick-to-itive-ness. Food was the big issue, nothing seemed good to her, i kept trying to force food down her, to no avail, she probably got in less than 75% of what she needed. How she made it through is a mystery to me.

Brad P. tore it up for 12 laps and the solo win, just incredible, Rich missed the start by a bit and spent 85% of the race in 2nd or 3rd. He made a wise decision and did not go out on lap 12. I think there would of been an ambulance involved if he did go out again. I think he lost close to or more than 10% of his body weight.

Carl from teh shop worked wonders on everyones bikes, Peak Fasteners owner (Scott Hoggan and wife) and their team won the coed 4 person. Fox and Zep just missed the win, but both rode super impressive. The Revolution/DNA compound had 2 podiums on the 4 man team category and 2 podiums on the coed duo category.

Days highlights
1. Lyna riding the whole race, and able to walk around afterwards.
2. Riding lap 5 or 6 with Lyna, I poached the course on Ty's bike, and helped her through, she was still ripping the DH.
3. Carl's help
4. Brad's win
5. Rich's effort
6. Zeps look after his first lap. Classic.


Just Minutes in














Yeaahhhh














The Compound














11 hours later, good job baby doll














I am hoping that Rich is not thinking "Get that Bleeping Camera outa my face BoB"














Impressive (He collapsed and almost fainted about 30 seconds later)














I think the rest of Adams fluids escaped him with this expenditure of energy, cause 5 minutes after this he was laying on the ground talking to a first aide guy.(Shoulda got a photo of that :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I grow up, I want to be like Lyna with a husband like you!

Unknown said...

Those pics are really good.

Congrats to Lyna!